From Frequently Asked Questions
Instructions for toothbrushing, flossing and mouthwash use.
Brush your teeth in a set sequence. Take care to ensure that the bristles are in contact with a small part of the gum margin. Count to 20 for each tooth or couple of teeth. Always start at the back and work slowly forwards and avoid too much pressure.
- Lower back teeth on the inside: Gentle short back and forth movements with the brush placed at 45º angle.
- Lower front teeth on the inside: Gentle push and pull movements with the brush held vertically.
- Lower back and front teeth on the outside: Gentle circular motion with the brush placed at 45º angle.
- Clean the occlusal (top) surface of the teeth. Take care to brush behind the last teeth.
- Follow the same technique and sequence for the upper teeth.
- Clean the surface of your tongue
If you have recession of the gums use a rolling technique of toothbrushing.
Replace the brush when the bristles start to splay.
Floss your teeth once a day. Follow the technique to hold the floss shown in the video. Spend more time between the teeth while flossing. Do not worry if at first your gums bleed slightly. This will stop after using the floss a few times. Don’t give up!
Use a mouthwash in the morning and before you go to bed. You should not eat or drink for 30 minutes after using the mouthwash. The mouthwash can also alter your sense of taste. So, we recommend using the mouthwash after you have had breakfast.