Oral Medicine is the specialty of dentistry concerned with the oral health care of patients with chronic, recurrent and medically related disorders of the oral and maxillofacial region, and with their diagnosis and non-surgical management. Oral Medicine sits at the interface between dentistry and medicine.
Some of the lesions and conditions that are treated are:
- Mouth ulcers (Aphthous stomatitis, canker sores, recurrent aphthous stomatitis, RAS)
- Herpes simplex virus infections
- Denture sore mouth
- Irritation fibroma
- Pyogenic granuloma
- Traumatic ulcer
- Nicotine stomatitis
- Drug-induced gingival hyperplasia (Dilantin hyperplasia)
- Geographic tongue (benign migratory glossitis, erythema migrans)
- Lichen planus
- Angular cheilosis
- Candidiasis (Moniliasis, Thrush)
- Necrotizing ulcerative gingivitis (Vincent’s infection, trench mouth)
- Hairy tongue (coated tongue)
Keep your smile healthy!
We look forward to providing you with the best possible care to ensure your teeth and gums are healthy for a lifetime.
Get in touch!
Contact us with any queries or to book an appointment
Copyright © Joburg Dental 2020
Website Design – Lemonbyte